Our summer program is flying by as we are already concluding the sixth week of our 10 week summer program. With this week being our “Service Community” week, our kids have been busy! Here’s a couple of the things we’ve been up to:
- Collecting books for Books for Africa
- Packing meals for Feed My Starving Children
- Pulling invasive weeds at Mississippi Regional Park
- Planting trees for the City of New Brighton
- Baking treats for the Police and Fire Departments of City of Mounds View & Brooklyn Park/Center
- Making animal toys for the Animal Humane Society
- Cleaning local parks for the City of Shoreview, Mounds View, and New Brighton.
Service to others has always been a pillar of CPY’s programming. Overall, our youth have totaled over 350 hours of community service just this week!
With our annual Golf Ball Drop event and Stockyard Days Fundraisers just around the corner, please consider supporting those that support your community either through your time or through a donation. Thank you!